Skip to content
Red Zone – Around / Inside Own 22m Area
- Exit Strategies
- Carry forward
- Carry into middle for better angle
- Box Kick or Pass back and punt
- Build a screen?
- Put the ball out or keep it in and rely on kick chase?
- On 22m line … carried in, set a ruck inside 22 to allow kick to touch
- Ambitious attack when opposition is sat back expecting a kick?
- Speed and passing skill to get outside?
- Are we dominant enough to march forward?
Central Zone – Between 22m Lines
- Scan for, seize opportunities
- Create opportunities with running plays
- Follow pattern to play to strengths
- Establish sequece to manipulate defence
- Tactical kick to re-gather / pressure
- Strategic kick to pin opposition back, challenge lineout, or invite counter-attack from their kick
Green Zone – Around / Inside Opponent’s 22m Area
- All-in move?
- Quick passes to outflank the defence, especially cover defenders
- Sudden change of direction
- Angled run to get on the front foot / sneak in
- Pick and Go if you have a power game
- Tactical kick in-goal that an attacker merely has to fall on?